Who's Online
1 registered (KAMAL), 83 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
4473 Members
30 Forums
2267 Topics
3989 Posts

Max Online: 211 @ 01/16/14 06:07 PM
Resources

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1869 - 02/25/04 08:59 PM professional estimate NOT!
storm victim Offline

Loc: virginia beach
In the VA area and thinking of using MY MAINTENANCE MAN contractors? I talked to the owner Bill Warwick and explained right from the start. I needed an estimate for completed work and work still needing done. This was for a lawsuit. Knowing this up front Bill agreed and was going to charge me $125.00 for the estimate. Now he was the only one out of 6 contractors to charge for estimate. He sends his head estimater to the house. He shows up with bad at***ude. Makes statement that he's only making the money for writing the estimate and won't see any work from this job. although I have a roof that needs replaced and interior vaulted ceiling to retexture. This was not enough $ for the time it would take to write up so he decided not to write me an estimate. I had to call him back to find this out.

[This message has been edited by storm victim (edited 02-26-2004).]

#1870 - 08/05/04 05:44 PM Re: professional estimate NOT!
irregularjoe Offline

And your problem is.....?
Did you expect a free estimate when it was evident that you would not be using the contractor and in effect would be using his estimate to benefit yourself ?

#1871 - 08/08/04 09:42 AM Re: professional estimate NOT!
storm victim Offline

Loc: virginia beach
My PROBLEM: The contractor knew up front what was going on and what I needed the estimate for and that is why he was charging me for it. I did need someone to actually do the work and his was not the only estimate that I was getting. His lacky shows up to my house with the bad at***ude and all the comments, leaves and I don't hear a peep from them again. The better part of a week go by and I have to call the owner back to find out that the price he quoted me for doing the estimate wasn't enough for him so he just wasn't going to waste his time on it, but didn't bother to call and inform me of this.
To answer your question... the problem is, this company didn't comply with their end of the bargin. I felt it necessary to let others know of their indisgression to prevent others from having to deal with such unprofessionalism.