Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
4516 Members
30 Forums
2273 Topics
4002 Posts

Max Online: 211 @ 01/16/14 06:07 PM
Resources

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1894 - 01/29/08 03:42 PM Mid Florida Contracting - Pete Spaziano
mpmxt33 Offline

Mid Florida Contracting is not a licensed contracting company in the state of Florida. Peter (Pete)Spaziano and his company Mid Florida Contracting are the subject of multiple complaints on the former Ripoffreport website, the BBB and the Florida DBPR. Spaziano and Mid Florida Contracting have been in and out of small claims court in the state of Florida for many years. Before we were aware of his record, we paid him a large deposit. He never returned to the house and it took us almost 1 year to recover our money. We are still trying to collect on one more equipment bill. I urge anyone who has been a victim of this company to report it to the BBB, DBPR, local law enforcement, the Attorney General and anyone else you have access to. Until others come forward, he will, in my opinion, continue his attempt to defraud. He uses website referral companies like this one and reliableremodeler.com to find customer information. He has also registered under false business names to receive customer leads. For homeowners considering hiring this company, I urge you to do your homework and investigate thoroughly. Investigating him has been time consuming, but records on the DBPR, the BBB and the Florida court system websites are available to anyone who is willing to take the time to research.

#4243 - 04/21/10 06:34 PM Re: Mid Florida Contracting - Pete Spaziano [Re: mpmxt33]
applestoapples Offline

Oh man, you need this website for picking out quality contractors: http://www.applestoapples.biz. Good stuff!

#4313 - 07/23/10 10:03 AM Re: Mid Florida Contracting - Pete Spaziano [Re: applestoapples]
Marcusremodeling Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
So many contracting companies out there that scam artist love the field.

I do not know Florida laws but here in PA all contractors must be licensed to advertise in any type of print media (news papers, pennysavers, and so on)

So what I tell potential clients here is if they do not have their insurance and the Attorney General number on the ad, think twice before hiring them.

It's a shame how many people end up calling me back months later to either fix work that was done wrong, or to hire me for work that they made a down payment on that never got done.