Who's Online
0 registered (), 66 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
4516 Members
30 Forums
2272 Topics
4000 Posts

Max Online: 211 @ 01/16/14 06:07 PM
Resources

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1897 - 08/24/04 03:02 PM no construction job is perfect? this ones not even close!
joec Offline

Loc: Lindenhurst, new york, usa
We had the 2nd floor of our house removed and replaced to make it from 2 rooms to 4 rooms and new bathroom with full tub. was to take 8-12 weeks. its now the 16th week. Our tub was scratched because workmen didnt protect it while tiling and/or plumbing. the shower head is off center. The water controller is not at a 90° angle (not even an 85° angle and spigot is loose. none are centered to the tub. The tape and spackling in one room was done poorly and 2 subsequent attempts to did not rectify it. lines are seen all over. He says we cant use a glossy paint. first i ever heard of this. one window sill was at an extreme angle and he said its an old house... uhh the upstairs where the window sill is at an angle is brand new.He attempted to fix it by using joint compund to build it up and is now cracking. new siding was put on the new part of the house but told siding was left on the lower half and was damaged. says he cant do anything about it. he constantly says no construction job is perfect. my tow zone heating heats the whole house when tuirned on upstairs or downstairs. the new siding is off by about 3 inches to the right making one side look slightly warped and the other side uneven. He said people will call to schedule but its been two weeks. we owe him only the final payment and i want him gone! no one watched the quality of work being done. what can i do? there is a lot more wrong but it would take too much space. our punch list contained over 40 legitimate items and he constantly saya no construction job is perfect.

#1898 - 09/09/04 05:05 PM Re: no construction job is perfect? this ones not even close!
pbjinc03 Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ USA
There are a few things you can do. Not sure what state you are located in but here in Arizona there is something called a recovery fund. This is for homeowners that have had contractors do a poor job or just leave the job completely. The fund pays the homeowner to find and hire another contractor to complete or fix the work from the existing. If his at***ude is no job is perfect then say no payment is guaranteed. I would suggest instead of trying to work with him on correcting these problems you should FIRE his company and contact the Registar of Contractors and explain what the situation is. They should have some type of fund to help you hire another contractor at no cost to you.