Who's Online
1 registered (Sorin), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
4516 Members
30 Forums
2273 Topics
4002 Posts

Max Online: 211 @ 01/16/14 06:07 PM
Resources

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1967 - 09/08/03 01:14 PM HELP! Contractor really screwed us over.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

My husband and I just bought a double wide mobile home. The place we bought it from accepted a bid from this contractor. Well the contractor came and did lots of damage. He put in six feet of fill, and put our house on top....all the sand is sliding out and its undermining our house. The place we bought the house from wants nothing to do with it, and the contractor wants more money to finsh...what can we do..where newly married and have no extra money. It has been a year already and everyday we get closer to losing our house, we can't afford lawywers, and our insurance company won't help us...what can we do?????

#1968 - 09/10/03 03:05 AM Re: HELP! Contractor really screwed us over.....
colecj80 Offline

Loc: Vicksburg, MI, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Roxxann:
My husband and I just bought a double wide mobile home. The place we bought it from accepted a bid from this contractor. Well the contractor came and did lots of damage. He put in six feet of fill, and put our house on top....all the sand is sliding out and its undermining our house. The place we bought the house from wants nothing to do with it, and the contractor wants more money to finsh...what can we do..where newly married and have no extra money. It has been a year already and everyday we get closer to losing our house, we can't afford lawywers, and our insurance company won't help us...what can we do?????
I have a few questions for you..did the place you bought the house from have a contract with this contractor? If they did, they and he must honor it. Did you have a contract you signed with this contractor for a stated amount? He can't ask for more money if he had a contract with you for a stated amount. Did he set the house on just the dirt or did he pour a concrete slab and build up underneath with blocks? Was this contractor licensed? If he was you can go to the state licensing board where you live and file a complaint against his license. Don't look for any help from an insurance company. They wash there hands clean of this stuff. You could always call a lawyer and just ask a few questions to see what your options are. Feel free to ask me more questions at my website because I don't visit here very often. My web address is www.coleconstructionanddevelopment.com Go to the "Ask Us A Question" page and post it there. I will be glad to help you through this because contractors that act like this make me sick! Good luck and God Bless..

------------------
Curtis Cole
www.coleconstructionanddevelopment.com