Who's Online
1 registered (CGC-Beppe), 68 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
4479 Members
30 Forums
2267 Topics
3988 Posts

Max Online: 211 @ 01/16/14 06:07 PM
Resources

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4370 - 11/17/10 10:09 AM BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS *****
Older & Slower Offline

Beware of LD Howell Steel Buildings. He will take your money and not pay his suppliers. Your building will be leaned!!! He has at least 70 cases working against him in Utah alone. Don't trust him - he is a very good salesman, but he will rip you off. He is very sneaky with the courts also.

#4566 - 09/28/11 10:20 PM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: Older & Slower]
The crew Offline

Yup... Worked for this guy... Larry Howell and yes he reallie is a con at free laborer on putting up his buildings... Myself and my crew were not paid for buildings finished... Yup... He would lie and lie about every thing... Some one has too stop him??? Owes 1000's of dallors to myself and crew... Help??? Stop!!! This!!! Lier!!! Steeler!!!

#4567 - 09/28/11 10:43 PM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: The crew]
Theguys Offline

Worked for L D Howell on a job down town slc. Worked for Larry about 5 weeks? Paid us less then min wage. He even passed a bad check to our lead man. Plus he owes us guys into the thousands. He never paid the rest of the guys either. Don't hire him or buy from him. He will steal and cheat you out of your money and time. BE VERY AWARE OF THIS OLD MAN. HE WILL HURT YOU IN YOUR POCKET.

#4947 - 07/13/12 07:57 AM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: Theguys]
Steel_Building Offline

How do you stop Larry Howell? I have called the District Attorny's office, the local TV Stations, and State Representatives. They all say they can not help. I also have called and emailed the Utah Licensing commision and they say they can not help unless we can catch him doing something against the law. I know he has over 40 convictions against him today!!!! My lawyer says he gets a case about every week against Howell. I am asking how to stop him. He owes me over $100,000. and since i am out of state he doesn't worry about me. Anyone have any ideas?

#4948 - 07/13/12 12:26 PM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: Steel_Building]
Steel_Building Offline

I've even been told that he is a Bishop in the LDS church. His lawyer told me that he is a Bishop in good standing. I wonder if they know about him?

#5057 - 09/20/12 06:04 PM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: Steel_Building]
Desertdad Offline

just walked out of court, i was getting sued cuz Larry Howell did not pay his contractors after i paid him!, this guy is bad News, i wish i had never got involved with him! I feel horrible, the subs on my shop worked hard and did a awsome job and desurve to get paid, Larry never even came out to the job one time!, would'nt ya know it, that bum never even showed up to court! what a slug! I'm LDS and belive me this is not what our church stands for,that old dirt bag will meet his maker one day and he will have a lot to answer for, i wish i had done more home work before i singed up with him! it's like he's a ledgend in the dead beat world!

Edited by Desertdad (09/20/12 06:07 PM)

#5084 - 10/17/12 06:00 AM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: Desertdad]
widgetjunky Offline

Can anyone tell me where the up to date business location is for this person please any information will be greatly appreciated. Also can anyone confirm if he is currently the bishop. Thank you in advance

#5107 - 11/05/12 06:29 AM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: widgetjunky]
Steel_Building Offline

I was told that LD Howell is a Bishop by one of his ex-lawyers (Rex) he didn't get paid either. The business location is 904 Draper Parkway, Draper, UT 801-571-3002. I will get the lawyer's phone number and PM it to you.

#5108 - 11/05/12 06:34 AM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: Steel_Building]
Steel_Building Offline

Does anyone know anything about his family? I know he has several children. I would love to send them copies of the court documents that i have. They think he is a saint and that everyone is out to get him. I am out of State so I would pay someone to help me collect the $112,000. that he owes me!!!!

#5109 - 11/05/12 06:30 PM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: Steel_Building]
widgetjunky Offline

Any information would help please. Thank you

#5110 - 11/05/12 06:32 PM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: widgetjunky]
widgetjunky Offline

What's his actual full name please

#5111 - 11/06/12 10:41 AM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: widgetjunky]
Steel_Building Offline

Larry D. Howell
I have more info, such as birthday, but it is at my house. I will get it tonight and post it.
Thanks!

#5787 - 09/16/13 08:47 PM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: The crew]
James27 Offline

If they are acting in this way than why not court notice about that i think as this thread start from about 2 year than it mean they acting in this way more than 2 years and there is no legal cation against them.

#5788 - 09/17/13 01:42 PM Re: BEWARE OF LD HOWELL STEEL BUILDINGS [Re: James27]
Steel_Building Offline

This man has at least 50 judgements against him. He just gets the courts to feel sorry for him and keeps going. I think the state should take action against him. He has been doing this for years. He should be in jail. Utah's Governor said "he has to do something wrong for them to go after him". Isn't stealing money from people wrong, and against the law!!!! I know of one Metal Building Manufacturer that Mr. Howell has owed money to for over 25 years! I had a judgment agains Mr. Howell, but he convinced a judge that he couldn't afford an lawyer, so the judge dropped the charges and said I would have to take him to court again. This cost me about $6,000. Mr. Howell still lives in his $400,000 house and drives his Lexus.
If you guys will call the Governor and the State Attorney General's office and let them know I am not the only one that Mr. Howell has taken, then maybe we can get him stopped.