Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
4476 Members
30 Forums
2266 Topics
3985 Posts

Max Online: 211 @ 01/16/14 06:07 PM
Resources

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1858 - 09/12/07 06:36 PM Beware of Bruce Barner, Premier Renovations & Construction, Atlanta, GA
Ripped Customer Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
The contractor Bruce Barner of Premier Renovations & Construction, Atlanta, GA is a crook who likes to fraud unsuspecting homeowners. He takes huge (40%) down-payments, does some demolishing and then runs off. He then tries to threaten and implicate homeowners who complain to his advertisers or authorities. Everyone beware of this man. Check out his unsatisfactory company record at Better Business Bureau - multiple addresses, and other defunct companies associated with his addresses. He has left me in a great mess and financial trouble. I can never trust a contractor again.

#1859 - 06/15/08 06:40 AM Re: Beware of Bruce Barner, Premier Renovations & Construction, Atlanta, GA
Bruce3718 Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
This ex-client, Priya Jakhmola, is a scam artist, contractors beware.
We started a project at the clients Uncle Jay's house in Doraville, GA. She gave us a $4,000.00 deposit which was used to purchase materials and provide labor for her project.
We started the project and then she refused to pay the balance on just the deposit. We were over $2700.00 in the red and she attempted to cancel the contract and wanted to re-negotiate the price down several thousand dollars on the contract. We placed a stop-work order on her project after pulling all the permits.
Then she had her Uncle Jay and some handyman come in and try to do some of the work under our company permit. Her name is Priya Jakhmola, and she works for the CDC in Atlanta, GA. She attempted to blackmail us into doing the work for less my making false accusations about our company all over the internet and making the same false accusations to the BBB.
We filed a lien on her property and are now taking her to court to make her pay for her liable and slanderous comments.
Please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions.

Bruce Barner
Premierbb1@aol.com

------------------
Bruce Barner

#3852 - 11/23/08 02:23 PM Re: Beware of Bruce Barner, Premier Renovations & Construction, Atlanta, GA [Re: Bruce3718]
Regional Offline

Hey Bruce,
I hope you get paid. I see this alot a cheap customer calling the contractor bad. I have got alot wiser over the years and just walk away whithout biding or if I get a bad feeling just price the job so high that elcheapo would never use me. LOL

#4238 - 04/19/10 06:10 AM Re: Beware of Bruce Barner, Premier Renovations & Construction, Atlanta, GA [Re: Regional]
ATL2010 Offline

I used to work for Bruce Barner. This guy never paid me for all the work I did for him. He cheats people all the time : his own workers as well as clients.

#4241 - 04/21/10 06:31 PM Re: Beware of Bruce Barner, Premier Renovations & Construction, Atlanta, GA [Re: ATL2010]
applestoapples Offline

Oh man, you need this website for picking out quality contractors: http://www.applestoapples.biz. Good stuff!

#4315 - 07/23/10 10:22 AM Re: Beware of Bruce Barner, Premier Renovations & Construction, Atlanta, GA [Re: applestoapples]
Marcusremodeling Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I've almost lost my company because of clients like this, out of 7 contractors being charged I was the only one who didn't lose my license.

It's sad to see this but it does happen. I am still trying to fight her, My company wasnt found in fault yet the negative PR written by the press and on Angie list has screwed my company over for the last few years.

How ever its starting pick back up. Its amazing how a bad complaint from someone how knows people in position of power can screw you.

#4481 - 05/02/11 04:17 PM Re: Beware of Bruce Barner, Premier Renovations & Construction, Atlanta, GA [Re: Marcusremodeling]
Admin5 Offline

Administrator

Loc: n/a
No review or endless checking of references is going to truly protect you when hiring a contractor. The fact of the matter is, something needs to be done to revolutionize the industry that protects the project owner and the contractor. The team at National Contractors.com is in the works to come up with a system to do just that. We think it has the potential of revolutionizing the way contractors are hired in the future.